Wednesday, September 30, 2009

In the Beginning...


There once was a girl, me...Cindy. She worked in corporate America and was suffering the usual things creative, free thinking types suffer. So, she thought long and hard about the type of work that would make her happy. She hired a Business Coach and after a few sessions made the decision to start a Pet Sitting service. That is the short version of how Meow & Fetch was born. Official launch date was August 1st, 2004. 

It was also the day I went in and adopted my 3rd Big Black Dog, Emma. I have no idea why I did them both at the same time so that will have to be a story for another time. Meow & Fetch Pet Sitting was launched on August 1st and I started my first pet sitting job on August 4th. Annie Dumont hired me to watch her kitty & two fish. I had my husband post my services on his company intranet and Ms Dumont saw it and was a little concerned with what to do with her pets while gone so long. Talk about timing! It was the perfect thing to send my confidence into high gear.

I heard that Ms Dumont quit her corporate America job a couple years ago and started her own pet sitting company. She sent me a note to let me know. I am so proud of her and know she too is happy and loving her days of wet noses and sloppy kisses.

No comments: