Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To Dress or Not Dress up the dog


Oye...this topic gets way too much debate. They are not toys. It doesn't hurt anybody. Its humiliating. Its why they have fur. Blah, blah, blah....its is what it is. Unless the items in question actually cause pain and injury to the dog, I am not one to point fingers. But, let me tell you that many 'thin skinned' dogs need extra layers when the weather gets cold....so put a coat/tee/shirt on that dog!


This topic is especially hot this time of year. I for one, think its hilarious to put dogs in costumes. My dogs love it and its because I make it a fun event. They are not 'thin skinned' and do not need it to keep them warm...I do it for special events, charity fashion shows and picture taking. Hank...pictured as Santa has been in many costumes for many events. He has no problem with wearing costumes and even poses for photos.


If your pooch is injuring themselves to get the item in question off...then draw the line. Be responsible...don't leave costumes on dogs while unattended or in a kennel. Make sure tee's are properly fitted if used for warmth. If you notice its fellow pups pulling or dragging them by their clothing, separate or remove item to avoid injury. Be smart, then have fun and send me those ADORABLE pictures!!!

No comments: